Login as root onto the machine and enter the command as follows
/usr/libexec/webmin/changepass.pl /etc/webmin root secretpassword
secrectpassword needs to be substituted with the correct password. Webmin requires atleast 8 characters for a password and will not accept dictionary wordor passwords containing the username like rootsecret which contains username root as oart of the password.
The mkpasswd command (available by installing expect) can be used to generate good passwords from the command line in linux.
You can change the default permissions for files and directories by
going to Webmin -> Servers -> ProFTPD Server -> Under Virtual Servers,
Default Server. Click on that and go to “Files and
Directories”, under that you can see “New File umask” and “directory
mask”. You can set the permissions there accordingly
Use 133 and 022 for 644 and 755 respectively.
1. Open your web browser, such as Firefox or Internet Explorer.
2. In the address bar at the top of your browser, browse to the following address:
Where ip is your server’s ip address.
3. Once you have entered the address above, hit enter to go to the Virtualmin Login screen.
4. Enter the username as root in Username field. Enter your password in the password field.
5. Click Login, and you will be logged into Virtualmin.
WinSCP is a popular free Scp program for Windows. An scp program lets you transfer files between your computer and your Web server.
First, you need t to download and install winscp in your pc.
You can download it from here
Once its installed, we need to configure it to connect to server.
• First click on ‘Session’ on the left-hand side, to bring up the Session options.
• Fill in the ‘Host name’ as your server hostname or ip
• Make sure the ‘Port number’ is set to 22
• Fill in ‘User name’ as root/user
• The ‘Password’ field with root/user password
• Select ‘SCP’ in the ‘Protocol’ section
• Finally, click ‘Save’
The first time you login, you may see this message: “The server’s host key is not cached in the registry. You have no guarantee that the server is the
computer you think it is. You can ignore this message and click on yes to continue.
Once logged in, you will be taken to your home directory of the user with which you have logged in, which you’ll see in the right hand pane in WinSCP.
You could browse through directories and reach the document root of your website(usually /home/username/public_html/, where you want to upload your website
Once you’ve found your document root, you’re now ready to upload your website. Use the left-hand pane in WinSCP to browse to your website folder on your hard
disk. You can upload your files to the server by dragging it from the left-hand pane to the document root folder in the right-hand pane.
Our datacenters are located in Delhi, Noida and Mumbai. We are expanding soon to Hyderabad and Chennai.
We provide sane support for our unmanaged clients and various levels of support for managed clients. Managed Operations work on the principle of expert shared resources that cannot be fully utilized for medium(or small) sized operations.
We support Virtualmin GPL since it does minimal changes to the OS compared to other control panels and is as featureful.