Cloud Computing Architecture
- The Cloud Computing Architecture of a cloud solution is the structure of the system, which comprises of on-premise and cloud resources, services, middleware, and software components, their geo-location, their externally visible properties and the relationships between them.
- Cloud architecture typically involves multiple cloud components communicating with each other over a loose coupling mechanism such as a messaging queue. Elastic provisioning implies intelligence in the use of tight or loose coupling of cloud resources, services, middleware, and software components.
- In the area of cloud computing, protection depends on having the right architecture for the right application. Organizations must understand the individual requirements of their applications, and if already using a cloud platform, understand the corresponding cloud architecture.
- A cloud computing architecture consists of a front end and a back end. They connect to each other through a network, usually the Internet. The front end is the side the computer user, or client, sees. The back end is the “cloud” section of the system.
Front end(Cloud Computing Architecture)
- The front end of the cloud computing system comprises of the client’s devices (or it may be a computer network) and some applications are needed for accessing the cloud computing system. All the cloud computing systems do not give the same interface to users. Web services like electronic mail programs use some existing web browsers such as Firefox, Microsoft’s internet explorer or Apple’s Safari. Other types of systems have some unique applications which provide network access to its clients.
Back end(Cloud Computing Architecture)
- Back end refers to some physical peripherals. In cloud computing, the back end is cloud itself which may encompass various computer machines, data storage systems and servers. Groups of these clouds make a whole cloud computing system. Theoretically, a cloud computing system can include practically any type of web application program such as video games to applications for data processing, software development and entertainment. Usually, every application would have its individual dedicated server for services. A central server is established which is used for administering the whole system. It is also used for monitoring client’s demand as well as traffic to ensure that everything of system runs without any problem. There are some set of rules, generally called as protocols which are followed by this server and it uses a special type of software known termed as middleware. Middleware allow computers that are connected on networks to communicate with each other. If any cloud computing service provider has many customers, then there’s likely to be very high demand for huge storage space. Many companies that are service providers need hundreds of storage devices. The cloud computing system must have a copy of all the data of its client’s. Having a copy of data is called redundancy.
Advantages of Cloud computing Architecture:
- reduced administration effort
- contract flexibility (pay as you go)
- availability and elasticity